How We Work with You
While every business is unique, we follow a standardized process in working with our clients to ensure you always receive the highest level of service. We want to make sure that we fully understand your business and identify the key areas where we can help you to be more successful.
Step 1 - Introduction
The team at our management consulting firm starts by having a brief conversation (15-20 minutes) in which we ask you a few questions about your business and give you an opportunity to ask questions of us as well. At the end of this conversation, we determine how we best move forward.
Step 2 - Overview
Next, the team at our management consulting firm schedules a one-hour initial overview session. During this session, our business consultants review in detail what’s working well and what challenges you’re having with your business. We discuss key functions including sales, operations, and marketing as well as people, process and profit.
In order to provide you with the most accurate and helpful input, we that ask you to share your sales and financial information with us prior to this meeting. Most importantly, we want to clearly understand what your 5 and 10-year vision is for your business so that we can chart a course to make that a reality.
At the end of this session, we have a clear understanding of the next steps.
Step 3 - Discovery
We now jump into our full discovery session. Depending upon the business, discovery may take anywhere from 7 to 30 days. Discovery activities may include some or all of the following:
- Interviewing staff in sales, customer service, operations, etc.
- Reviewing sales processes and materials
- Doing field rides with key sales people
- Observing CSRs’ calls and customer interactions
- Reviewing current sales performance data
- Looking at individual employee assessments
- Reviewing operational processes and procedures
- Reviewing current marketing strategy, plans and materials
- Reviewing performance management processes for both the business and people
Step 4 - Summary
Following discovery, that team at our management consulting firm will produce and review with you a summary of our findings along with specific recommended actions for implementation. Below are some examples of actions that we may identify:
- There’s a lot of bidding activity that isn’t converting to sales. We will work with your Salesforce.com implementer to ensure that we have effective reporting on bid conversation rate by sales person and by account to develop a plan for greater efficiency.
- The account base size is too unwieldy. More efficiency in the bidding process will also help reduce the account base to enable more sales focus on high-value, qualified leads.
- Sales is struggling to overcome objections related to price and lower competitive bids. We will help you define and articulate your positioning in the market and your key value proposition.
- Communication between production and sales is inconsistent and incomplete. We will help you implement better handoffs and communication as part of your team meetings.
- Production needs a program that will help them influence future sales. It’s important for the entire team to recognize that every person in contact with customers has the ability to influence future sales – for better or worse!
Step 5 – Let’s Do It!
Following the review of our findings and recommendations, we will discuss the next steps and process moving forward. In all cases, we will deliver your road map to success. We can work with you in the following ways:
- You implement our recommendations on your own.
- You implement our recommendations with coaching assistance from us. Together we can determine what that coaching structure looks like. For example, we can provide weekly coaching sessions for key team members, assist with team meetings and provide quarterly reviews to track progress.
- M1 implements our recommendations for you. We work extensively with you and your team. This will involve some or all of the following:
- Leading or co-leading team meetings
- Performing individual and executive coaching
- Implementing benchmarks to track progress along roadmaps to success
- Creating process improvement projects and teams
- Delivering quarterly reviews and reports